It all started with a Food4Kids t-shirt that said, “Together we can beet childhood hunger” with an image of a beet instead of the word “beat.”
The “Eat a Beet Challenge” invites Hamiltonians to eat a beet (raw, cooked, pickled, canned, juiced), post a video or photo to social media, donate $25 to Food4Kids Hamilton and challenge other staff in the community to do the same.
The campaign will take place from January 28 to February 21, 2022.
Following the success of last year's challenge, Food4Kids and the Hamilton Professional Fire Fighters Association have included a school component that will engage students in producing videos, posters, poems, and pictures centred around the theme of “Eating a Beet” and Beating Childhood Hunger in Hamilton.
The Hamilton-Wentworth Catholic District School Board works collaboratively with Food4Kids Hamilton to provide weekend nutrition support to over 320 students from 20 different Catholic schools.
Superintendent of Education Julie Angiolillo and Equal Opportunities Consultant John Madalena joined CHCH's Tim Bolen for the kick-off of the "Eat a Beet Challenge" on January 28. Learn more at https://www.chch.com/eat-a-beet-to-raise-f ...
.Hamilton school #eatAbeet contest
Prizes will be awarded to the top 3 #eatAbeet photo or video submissions from students and/or teachers/administrators from Hamilton schools.
• $3,000 for 1st, $2,000 for 2nd and $1,000 for 3rd place
• Prize money must be allocated by the winning submitter to a school class, program, project, division, team, club, association, etc.
• Submissions must be posted to social media by Monday, February 14 & linked with Food4Kids Hamilton, HPFFA and use #eatAbeet. Submissions must also include school name. (Submissions can also include the school class, program, project, division, team, club, association, etc. making the video/photo)
• Submissions will be judged based on:
• 60 seconds maximum for a video
• Positive messaging
•Safe and responsible posts as per Covid rules
• Winners of the Hamilton School #eatAbeet Contest will be announced on February 22 by a panel of “celebrity” judges.
to learn more about all the good Food4Kids does for youth in Hamilton.